When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED; Correct front hub for a 1902 Pierce chainless cushion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37ccmflyte

Finally riding a big boys bike
WANTED; Correct front hub for a 1902 Pierce chainless cushion, will be replated so condition does not really matter...
Anything condition considered but it must be the correct hub for the 1902 Pierce.
Regards Gavin
[email protected]

Do you have a picture of what one looks like?
I am only going on what I have saved in pictures from the net....

1903.06.01 - Cycle and Automobile Trade Journal - Pierce Article - Copy.jpg

Is it the flangless version of the hub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don't know Jesse, I am going on the two photos above more than anything else. I have tried asking to get more pictures or information on what a 1902 Pierce front hub looked like but nothing came.
What do you think?

Hmm, I believe this is the hub you are looking for, same as on this Pierce Special Racer that the serial puts at around 1905.
"Flangeless" barrel style spoke interface.
I will get you a better closeup photo of the front hub but this is one I have handy from photographing the bike earlier today.

Pierce Special Racer2.jpg

My 1902 and 1903 Pierce Specials had the regular hubs, front and rear and these are in untouched wheels. Possibly Pierce offered both options. My 1900-1907? Pierce Special Racer has the later version hubs, as well, with untouched wheels.
Not to contradict Jesse, but the bicycle manufacturing was sort of vague, turn of the century.

Last edited:
Back