When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Help or Replacement Bendix Red Band Hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

Tiger 61

I have a blue 61 Schwinn Tiger with a single red band bendix hub (coaster style). It was working correctly somewhat (sometimes it would slip and then grab) until I took it apart to regrease it. After I took it apart and regreased it, it will not grab or even break. After about 8 spins of the sprocket it may grab and then about 5-7 backspins of the sprocket, the brakes may finally take. I'm over trying to figure this thing out! Does anyone have any suggestions? There is nothing that looks broken or really that worn. Does anyone have a bendix red band single coaster hub for sale that I can use for parts to attempt to rebuild this thing? Or even a chrome s-7 wheel with a single coaster red band bendix hub (working good) that I can replace this with? I'm in Orange County, California.

thanks!

I got a cherry one..

$30 shipped to you. I take Paypal too.

RedBand1.jpg

RedBand2.jpg

red band hub

hello i have had this problem were the brake does not work well,make sure to clean the inside of the hub and the brake shoes,then put a light film of grease on the shoes.make sure when you reasembe that you hold the spocket all the way forward like it is in driving position and then adjust your bearings.:D

Sounds like you may not have it assembled right, or maybe the cones are too loose.

Back