When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Info re: Schwinn Town and Country 3-Seater

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dwn2sk8

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My uncle works in a bike shop in OH and sent me a few shots of a very interesting bike they have hanging in the shop. It’s a 1949, all original unrestored condition down to the tires and tubes. The gentleman that started the shop was an original Schwinn dealer and bought the bike from Schwinn. My uncle says he’s not sure it’s even been ridden.
Anyone have any more info about this bike? I’ve never seen anything like it.
d8aa7bd33ada5334999ca25a0e7f00b8.jpg
2f8baff782b33920bd28435c9e8f6a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen a handfull of them over the years. One of the members of the Schwinn forum has been a dealer for a long time and has 2 of them. His name is Charlie Harper and is from Iowa. Roger

Interesting, first time I've seen a three seat T&C. What kind of info are you looking for?

The Schwinn decals were first used on the 1959 models
The crash rail Mesingers look like the one year only 1958 detailing'
Those large cap bow pedals came out in 1960.
Those chrome fenders weren't used on the T&C until 1962. Painted fenders prior.
Serial number should be under the rear crank.

Pretty cool Schwinn piece.

I saw a Town & Country triplet hanging in a collectors shed in San Diego area.
Same equipment and color.

Thanks for the info guys. Any idea of how much it may be worth?

Sweet! Fix that rear crank before riding. Modern flag mount on the rear axle and crooked valve stems due to under inflation while riding leads me to believe someone has enjoyed that a few times (witch they should!).

That's a find a buyer and agree on price from there kinda bike. I'd guess not many people will want to store that beast and have to deal with moving it around. I wonder how much it weighs?

Sweet! Fix that rear crank before riding. Modern flag mount on the rear axle and crooked valve stems due to under inflation while riding leads me to believe someone has enjoyed that a few times (witch they should!).

That's a find a buyer and agree on price from there kinda bike. I'd guess not many people will want to store that beast and have to deal with moving it around. I wonder how much it weighs?

Good eye! I hadn’t even noticed the crank or the valve stem.

I've had 3. ...Just 1 now in pieces.
This is the later style if you can call it that. All mine had the pointed fended fenders , I call the ones on this bike Peaked.
Every bike I've seen has had 26 X 1 1/2 (584 iso) S-4 Schwinn Hurricane tires. Todays 650 B or aka as 27.5.
A blue One sold at AA 4-5 years ago for 2000 which I thought was cheap. I sold one just like this for 3000 in 2012.
I'd value this at 4-5000

Last edited:
Back