When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: Iver Johnson Drop Handlebars

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wing Your Heel

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Looking for cool racing handlebars + stem for 1910s/early 20s Iver Johnson cushion trussframe

Patina preferred over restored

Good price paid for the right item.

Also correct mudguards

Please pm or email [email protected]

Can ship to either UK or USA

cheers

Colin

ivercushiontruss_zpsd20f7d1c-1.jpg

That was a great buy Colin - suppose there's any nickel left under the red paint on that great chain ring?
Cheers,
Dean

?

Thanks for the suggestion Giovanni, but Major Taylor bar too new. I'm addicted to patina.

I thought same about chainring, i suggested to seller that it wasn't original.
His answer:
I believe the sprocket is original it has the Iver Johnson retangle slot that matches the crank arm.

He also says: serial number on the seat tube 374620. A fellow collector said it was made in 1922 or 23

- Comments very welcome from one of you Iver know-it-alls :)

Yes Dean, can't wait to see what's under the paint after it arrives. Will keep you chaps informed

?

That's interesting, thanks for the links. Aftermarket IJ chainring works for me and solves the mystery.

Corbett Classics illustrates a 1902 stayer with similar chainring. Plus the offset truss tube design is similar, but back to front. Below...

iver4_zpsbac90f41-1.jpg

Same chainring on IJ in auction some time ago. Below...

iver3_zpsf4b8d97e-1.jpg

Picture from my IJ brochure. Below...

iver2_zps665184d4-1.jpg

'Borrowed' some parts from my brochure picture to complete the bike.

How do you think it looks with Torrington adjustables? Or should I hold out for Iver h/bars like in the brochure?

Iver1_zpsed4ae507-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Torrington adjustables look pretty good on it, but I think a fixed drop bar would do the trick just as well.

Most of the track photos I've seen from back in that period have fixed bars. I'm sure they're lighter. Of course, they weren't on cushion frames either.

Are you keeping it Red-White&Blue?

- The seller said he thought it was originally black. The red white and blue paint looks like old repaint. I'll see how bad it is when it arrives

redwhiteblue_zpsf4c702b6-1.jpg

Back