When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted==long lever tiring machine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hardrider

Look Ma, No Hands!
Looking in old bike shops among stuff back in the corner or under counters, or even out in the trash, vintage Long Lever Tire tighening machines. These heavy old
machines did the job of tightening up the wire on kids bikes and trikes, which used the hard rubber material, back in the days when shops did a little of everything to
earn a living. Please also let me know if you have any of these but don't want to sell.

20210717_175453.jpg

20210717_175514.jpg

"back in the days when shops did a little of everything to earn a living."

1960's ads for the local Schwinn store here said he sharpened lawn mower blades as well.

Some additional research has found that these Big Lever machines, although not marked, were made by CCM, the Canadian Cycle Manufacturing Co. Perhaps our Canadian members will be inspired to take another look out for any of these much sought after tools. Thanks for the interest.

For the folks who no longer need tire tightening machines in their collections, please consider selling them to me. As shown above, there are at least 4 different machines made in the teens, twenties and thirties, mainly for use on children's bikes and trikes. The Peerless, shown in multicolor and the Long Arm, so helpfully identified by our member from Canada, are the best to do the high wheel restorations. The Stevens New York and the machine made in Connecticut are less
valuable but still worthwhile. Packing I know can be a headache as these machines are bulky and heavy, but for a reasonable price, you can get UPS Stores to pack and ship for you. I have had some recent success with them, but since all UPS stores are locally owned, no one can guarantee a successful outcome. Please message me at [email protected] Thanks to the CABE for providing a wide forum to contact others in the hobby.

The Stevens mounted on a blue board, which could be clamped to a table, and the Acme, floor or bench mounted machine per the CABE.

20210726_185438.jpg

20210731_124240.jpg

Back