When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~ Wanted ~ MONARK 5 bar Super Frame BADGE wanted - Please?!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Does anyone have a Monark 5 bar badge like the one in this photo for me? Cash paid or good trade.

Rivets are on the sides, not top and bottom and often look to be cut to fit.

Please PM me and don't post here, thanks!

Balloonatic O-O

BADGE.jpg

They are cut to fit and often it isn't that precise. V/r Shawn

These were all cut during production. of the bike, after they realized the badges were too big for the space allotted. All of the ones I have seen look to be done by hand, and all are a little different.

That almost makes me think, that these bikes were initially built to be sold as Hawthorne’s, but then they had to switch gears, when they had the falling out with Montgomery Wards.
Has anybody held a Wards Hawthorne badge up to one of these frames, to see if their badge fits that given space?
Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have had an appropriate badge made for such a flagship model?

That almost makes me think, that these bikes were initially built to be sold as Hawthorne’s, but then they had to switch gears, when they had the falling out with Montgomery Wards.
Has anybody held a Wards Hawthorne badge up to one of these frames, to see if their badge fits that given space?
Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have had an appropriate badge made for such a flagship model?
Isn't your HTB badged Hawthorne? Those badges fit perfectly.

@Balloonatic I believe I have a badge. Its on a house painted frame and will need to be removed. I'll PM you.

Right about that, but I was unsure, if the head tube was the same size on the Super Frame.
All the more reason, to think that these bikes were being developed for Montgomery Wards.

This discourse is fantastic guys, but doesn't help me at all... ;o)

Maybe I need to re-phrase my want ad: Does anyone have a badge that will fit a 5 bar that I can put on my bike that will fill the space that looks somewhat correct?

Mike where is that Monark badge from on that red frame?? That will work just fine for my build.

Back