When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanted motor pacing bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i think one collector has recreated loosely a pacer around a de dion but he wont let you take pics.........as far as reliability,i think its hard to imagine......lots going on......as for oil everywhere motorcycle motors in general were "total loss" up into the early 30s meaning the oil you put in a tank was not recirculated but pissed out,leaked out and "breathed" out

And we must remember …… Jim started this thread looking for Stayer stuff. I almost feel like we hijacked his thread.

Hey .. sorry 'bout that Jim. We'll find you some stuff. My 1935 German stayer is right up your alley ( will be restored though )

You know my email Jim…..

full hijack.............no worries,your the guy so he will get what he wanted..............to be perfectly honest its the most amazing moment in american and world history........as far as i can tell there were never more popular/well paid entertainers......and i really knew almost nothing about stayers and pacers until somewhat recently......i cant think of a more important bike than an early stayer

no worries about the hijack. glad to see my post get a little air play. these bikes are fairly rare and dont get much credit in the bike hobby. as bill stated and hes the man, there were a lot of pacing bikes, turn your fork but not so many true stayers. heres one of my favorite bikes a bastide stayer. give me a call bill.

Attachments

• bas 001.JPG
    bas 001.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 266
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Some historic NYC Stayer stuff that has fallen in my lap recently. Bit by the bug.

Blueprints are for out new sign, modeled after Letourneur's landspeed bike with Jose's chainring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back