When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: NEW DEPARTURE MODEL A SKIPTOOTH SPROCKET

-
No longer avalable.

Model A .jpg

Last edited:
Not trying to butt in, but that cog is badly worn and not worth installing on a bike that is intended to be ridden.

Well, I'd say about average wear for a hundred year old used part. Perfectly usable, but no more than a couple hundred miles or so left on this one. I just thought I'd step up and offer the guy one since he said it's urgent and no one else here has bothered to reply.

Just for reference, here's what a badly worn cog looks like. How many miles would you say it takes to get from average to badly worn?

Worn Cog.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'd say about average wear for a hundred year old used part. Perfectly usable, but no more than a couple hundred miles or so left on this one. I just thought I'd step up and offer the guy one since he said it's urgent and no one else here has bothered to reply.

Just for reference, here's what a badly worn cog looks like. How many miles would you say it takes to get from average to badly worn?

View attachment 757157
WOW, PM sent

Last edited:
Hi Brian,

I have these cogs..................I was told they were for New Departure hubs and have used several of the 7 tooth cogs on my Ivers with track hubs. Not sure if they will work on a model A hub but you may know more than I do about their application. The 8 tooth cogs seem to have a smaller diameter opening, both are threaded and I believe NOS. If you even THINK one may work, just message me with your complete address and I'll send it out. Pete in Fitchburg

cogs.jpg

Back