When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted One 28" Steel Wheel ** See Pic Please**

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Balloontyre

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hi Everybody,
Looking for a match to this hoop. 36 hole, all steel, 28" wheel. Inside channel width is 3/4", outside edge to edge 1 1/4".
Thanks all!

looks like yours is different. mine is a 32 hole with the same measurements. the edge is rusted and will need some cleaning so it won't cut into the tire.

Are you after new or used? I know a supplier of new rims/wheels, or I've got quite a few rusty ones!

Are you after new or used? I know a supplier of new rims/wheels, or I've got quite a few rusty ones!

I think you may be confused Danny, these are the clincher rims that were an alternative to the 28" single tube tire rims, which will not take the same tires as the 28" rims that came on rod pull english bikes. Do your rims look like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_rim

I don't think anyone is making the kind of rims like this person is looking for, I have a set but they are not for sale, and just FYI these old clincer rims will take 27" tires.

I think you may be confused Danny, these are the clincher rims that were an alternative to the 28" single tube tire rims, which will not take the same tires as the 28" rims that came on rod pull english bikes. Do your rims look like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_rim

I don't think anyone is making the kind of rims like this person is looking for, I have a set but they are not for sale, and just FYI these old clincer rims will take 27" tires.

Thanks for the info. I have a rusted out swiss cheese set on my Pierce and I had no idea they were 27"??? I thought they were 28"s as well. Well guess i'll find a different style wheel for my Pierce then since I doubt they make any vintage looking 27" tires?? Guess I'll go with some wood rims or the Velocity hoops.

Thanks for the info. I have a rusted out swiss cheese set on my Pierce and I had no idea they were 27"??? I thought they were 28"s as well. Well guess i'll find a different style wheel for my Pierce then since I doubt they make any vintage looking 27" tires?? Guess I'll go with some wood rims or the Velocity hoops.

They will accept a 27" tire, or at least mine do, but I'm sure they are considered a 28" wheel. It gets confusing because the size refers to the outside diameter not the ISO of the rim. I think rustyspoke66 sold a set of these awhile back with 27 x 1 3/8 club roost tires. While some may cringe, it does give you a bike you can ride without breaking the bank on repro single tube tires.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back