When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanted: Original Schwinn B6 / Phantom front fender light cover

-

atencioee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello! I'm looking for an original 40s/50s front fender light cover. Preferably with the metal in good condition with no cracks. I'm also looking for a light tray.

Last edited:
I have one that had a small hole in the top I patched as well as a few minor dents I fixed, ready for paint. If no one offers anything better LMK and I can shoot you a pic. I have a couple of others as well. One repop and one unknown. Though I'm not sure if I want to part with one of those.

I have one that had a small hole in the top I patched as well as a few minor dents I fixed, ready for paint. If no one offers anything better LMK and I can shoot you a pic. I have a couple of others as well. One repop and one unknown. Though I'm not sure if I want to part with one of those.
When you say patched, did you weld the area? Is it obvious there was a hole? I'm not looking for repops..original only.

I used marine epoxy. Once it's painted, there should be no sign of the small hole.

I have been working on this off and on. I was going to finish it off with spot putty/glazing putty before I painted it.

20190824_220537.jpg

20190824_220626.jpg

20190824_220649.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind the cover would need to be re-chromed unless you find a really nice one. You can’t chrome over putty. V/r Shawn

Back