When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted - Parts For A 1892 Star Lever Driven Hard Tire Safety

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It looks exactly the same as your pictures in the 91 catalog

Attachments

• Star 1891.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 41
Dave,

Two things:

First:
The Special Pony Star up to 1891 was originally called a 39" X 24" STAR in all catalogs 1889-90. Also 42" and 45" STARS were originally called Pony Stars.
This 1891 catalog shows the 39" X 24" now morphing into this Special Pony Star now having options or 39", 42" and 45" rear driving wheels and 21", 22" and 24" front wheel diameters. I have never seen a 42" or 45" with the combinations of 21" and 22" front wheel offerings have you?
I have learned yet something new by seeing this 1891 STAR catalog and appreciate your posting it.

Second:
The reason I want to see an actual 1892 STAR catalog is that my STAR lever driven safety has two rear fender stays and a rear wheel brake. All STAR catalogs I have seen 1889-1890 show the rear fender with one stay and all having a front brake.
My lever driven STAR safety has the cross frame yet the 1893 STAR catalog shows a new diamond frame and the rear fender now has two stays and also a rear brake.
There must be an 1892 STAR catalog someone has that could post it like you have done to show the progression of frames (cross to diamond), brakes (front wheel to rear wheel) and rear fender stays (going from one to two) which which would be much appreciated.

Mike Cates, CA.

PS:
Seems like you and I have uncovered other things in the past since each of us has owned similar bicycles like the differences in the front brake styles of the 1891 and 1892 Victor cushion tire high wheel bicycles AND the attachment methods of the leather at the front of the seats on the 1888 and 1889 Columbia Light Roadster high wheel bicycles and, in this case, the only difference between these two years besides serial numbers.
Glad we can compare notes and describe things we've both seen as this is interesting and educational stuff that someone's got to do for posterity.

Last edited:
Back