When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Patina Seat / Hub Caps - Velo King / Pics Added

-

Kato

I live for the CABE
Just bought what I think is a late 40's kool little Velo-King tricycle. The sat is in good shape except for the cover which I may try and patina recover. Would like to find another that look aged and also a set of patina sorta crusty hub caps for the rear wheels. Hopefully I wont get booted from this post - thought it would be the best spot to find trike stuff. :)

Here are a few pics of the trike, the seat...hubs and kool old Howdy-Doody horn that was on it....but doesn't work.
I'm just going to do a WD-40 steel wool clean up on it.

Looking for a similar seat or possibly somebody to re-do the covering on the original patina style
Need 2 hubcaps for the wheels - probably need to mount somehow to the big square nut or ??? and maybe even a old horn / bell from that era.

Nice trike. Seat might be straightforward to recover. It is old enough that it might be able to disassemble and fit new material on top. That rear axle nut looks to be a repair. The bearings would not be exposed like that. Wheel is usualy held on with a flat washer and cotter pin. If it was threaded from factory find a thinner jamb nut same thread size. Then you might be able to mount a hubcap that is held on with tabs that grab to the hub. Should be able to find a pair on E-bay. Too bad about the horn

Nice trike. Seat might be straightforward to recover. It is old enough that it might be able to disassemble and fit new material on top. That rear axle nut looks to be a repair. The bearings would not be exposed like that. Wheel is usualy held on with a flat washer and cotter pin. If it was threaded from factory find a thinner jamb nut same thread size. Then you might be able to mount a hubcap that is held on with tabs that grab to the hub. Should be able to find a pair on E-bay. Too bad about the horn

Thanks - I think it'll clean up patina-perfect
I've recovered a seat once and it turned out nice but it had tabs underside / 2 piece pan.
I'm thinking about carefully trimming the fabric back that is tron and try and dye the next layer down black.....figure it's worth a shot and doesn't need to be perfect. I wondered about that nut.....but both sides are like that. Good idea though - I have a set of the newer Schwinn caps and could make that work. I'm working on a fix for the horn....the bulb you squeeze comes off so now I'm looking for a kitchen baster bulb close to size.......actually have one that might work.

Back