When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found WANTED Please : wiring diagram for Seiss/Delta battery tube and Delta horn light with delta horn button on bars.

-
I still don't think I have it right. Please check my diagram. I'm obviously no artist, or wiring expert. If someone can do a simple ( like mine) line drawing, it would be solved. Thanks. All the extra wires in the Delta schematic seem pretty "busy" at the cap? Glenn's seems WAY more simple. I have yet to try either yet. I broke my foot, operation tomorrow. YIKES!!

wire diagram Wards Hawthorne.jpg

No no no
Short post is not negative it is nothing until the switch is turned on then it becomes positive. Short post to the light. When you hit the switch it gives power to the light.Ground and negative is the same thing. Tall post is positive to the horn switch. When you push the button it connects the power to the horn. Ground or negative Anywhere to the light housing
28DAE25C-AEF6-448F-8D4F-E41C060A2C51.jpeg

28DAE25C-AEF6-448F-8D4F-E41C060A2C51.jpeg

BINGO!!! I used the battery tube clamp ( removed felt on one) as my ground as opposed to running a ground wire from the little ear in the cap to the hornlight. The wires are cloth, maybe not the flashiest job, but looks quite period correct for a backyard clown. Thanks to everyone for their help. Glenn, you are my hero.

top wired.JPG

wired.JPG

Rather than rely on the battery tube, frame or other ground on my bike when I wired my horn/light and button, I ran a separate, auxiliary ground wire from the cap, up through the flex and to the base of the headlight under the fender just to be extra sure the ground was rock solid, and it delivered great results. Most electrical problems I have encountered with cars and bikes are a weak ground. I used fine, bare copper wire, and my lights and horn are as bright and constant as they can be... switching is very decisive too.

Last edited:
Back