When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Raleigh Tourist (DL-1) rear wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sykerocker

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm looking for a decent condition (chrome need not be mint, but not a rusted one) 28" Raleigh DL-1 Tourist rear wheel with a Sturmey Archer AW hub for a project I've got in mind. Recently I picked up a new Flying Pigeon single speed with a defective rear rim, and rather than just look for a new rim to rebuild the wheel, figured it would be easier, and better, to convert the bike to a 3-speed. Wheels off of equivalent marques would be just fine.

I don't know if this will work for your project but I have a set of 28" raleigh DL-1 wheels with almost brand new tires (new but have been sitting-not dry rotted) and a '72 Sturmey rear 3sp hub. This is a wheelset for the rod brake bike so braking surface is not on the side of rim. front wheel has some flaking on chrome but rear wheel is pretty good. also have trigger control and cable pulley with clamp. Need rod brake parts? have that too. have bars with levers and all hardware. I don't know if this will work for your Pigeon or not but if it will, I can certainly make a package deal.

I'm interested. Theoretically, it's exactly what I'm looking for, plus a chance to replace some spare parts lost in the fire last year.

Back