When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanted: "Schwinn Approved" (lightweight? Varsity?) saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bloo

I live for the CABE
Looking for a saddle....

The one I am looking for is black vinyl and has a stamp (Schwinn Approved) on the side, almost as though it is pretending to be a real leather saddle, such as the Schwinn leather saddle used on early 60s Varsities, or a Brooks or Ideale.

There may or may not be holes in the top, but I think there are. I think I have also seen these stamped "Mesinger" instead of "Schwinn Approved", but I am not sure. The cover is thick black rubbery plastic and looks as though you could probably stretch it and take it off if they hadn't riveted a tag on the back. The proof is when you turn it upside down. There should be a bunch of screen door springs inside there instead of a pan.

This picture is pretty close, and should give you an idea of what I am looking for, Not all of them have the springs inside. I am looking for the one that does. Prefer one with all hardware, even better if there is still a seat post attached. There are a couple on ebay, but highly priced (when you include the shipping) and in really bad condition. I don't need show quality or anything, it is for a rider, but would prefer one that didn't look like it has been living outdoors for decades. What do you have available? Thanks!

seat.jpg

Last edited:
Are those seriously hard to find? It seems like they were everywhere back in the day. Maybe I should just get a B17....

Used to be everywhere. I looked for a good one a while ago. Nothing.......... I always thought they were indestructible.

Back