When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanted Schwinn Fork crown for balloon tire fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Looking for a fork crown for a balloon tire fork. Similar to the one in the pic.
Side to side outside measurement needs to be roughly 3-1/2"
The ones I have are for slightly narrower forks at about 3-1/4". Middle weights I guess.
Thanks.

20210602_164927.jpeg

Last edited:
I was thinking that also but I crossed my fingers AND toes so.... :)
I saw that someone bought a box full of assorted here a few weeks ago and was hoping
I know 1998+ Cruiser 7s have them. I Got a girls model; I could throw a tape on it & snap a pic. I don't really wanna disassemble it for fun though.

I know 1998+ Cruiser 7s have them. I Got a girls model; I could throw a tape on it & snap a pic. I don't really wanna disassemble it for fun though.
I'm not sure they made them for ballooners only middleweights. The later '98 cruisers have a different shaped fork I do not think they can be used on earlier Schwinn forks.

He may be right but that part looks identical & as far as balloon forks go that is the only Schwinn I have seen them on. May be lack of experience/knowledge but Pics attached for idea (zoom in/trying to help purposes)

He may be right but that part looks identical & as far as balloon forks go that is the only Schwinn I have seen them on. May be lack of experience/knowledge but Pics attached for idea (zoom in/trying to help purposes)View attachment 1423358

View attachment 1423359
Hey buddy , hope things are good with you.The later forks like you show are actually wider then the early middleweights much more like a ballooner and that crown only works on that fork I believe.

Hey buddy , hope things are good with you.The later forks like you show are actually wider then the early middleweights much more like a ballooner and that crown only works on that fork I believe.
Yeah I'm doin' Ok. Hope you are as well? I know there's a big time frame gap from the vintage/box store Taiwan bikes but he did say he was looking for a ballooner crown vs middle weight. Idk jus' trying to help .... wouldn't hurt to measure If I don't have to disassemble 'less it'd work😕

Back