When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanted - Schwinn Middleweight Rear Side-Pull brake Adapter!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

palanterra

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I’ve got a middleweight cantilever coaster brake frame (has a fender vice brake bridge) that I am looking to convert from coaster to side-pull brake…I remember seeing long ago, a special adapter / center bolt, that bolted to the fender bridge on the Schwinn frame and allowed installation of a Weinmann or Dia-Compe side-pull brake…Looking for the adapter…I haven’t seen on in a long time, but they exist somewhere!! Actually looking for two of them!! Let me know what you have…Thanks!!

E4B9EE9D-DB6B-4F69-867E-BC295DAB384A.jpeg

is this what you are looking for?
This one is sold, but I will try to locate the others I have.
Rusty

YES!! I believe that's it...Been so long it took me a minute! Appreciate the reply, and if you locate any others, I would welcome the opportunity to purchase one or two...Thanks!

Ooh, and that one will take the spring over or under the stud.
...just when you think you've seen all the variations!

Ooh, and that one will take the spring over or under the stud.
...just when you think you've seen all the variations!
are you talking about the one in the picture i posted it does have the spot for the brake spring to slide into and is weinmann brand i think

Yeah, the earlier Weinemann brakes had different shaped springs that mounted under the stud. Most all of the modern stuff has the spring mounted above the stud....and only that single slot.

Back