When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Schwinn Super Sport Rear Derailleur "long cage"

-

Stuckbolt

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am restoring my sister's 1972 Super Sport and looking to purchase the correct rear derailleur. Hopefully there is a nice original out there without a lot of chrome pitting. I am restoring the bike for her 60th birthday and hope to have it complete by Thanksgiving. I have attached a photo of needed part. Thanks!

Super Sport .jpg

Any long cage rear derailleur will work on that bike and will probably work better than those did. Sun Tour long cages would be my first choice. A Super Sport is a nice bike and I have 6 at last count but they will not have more or less value with the wrong derailleur if the one you have works. Roger

Thank you Roger, Mine does not work so I was trying to replace it with the same unit. Good to know others will work, and if I cannot find one on time I will check out the Sun Tour. My sister has a Opaque Green women's frame and all original components are there - just a broken rear derailleur. Sounds like you have a great collection of Super Sports! Dan

I have a few, I am just not sure how to tell long vs short. How long does the cage need to be?

Back