When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Schwinn tank bike

-

Wavell

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi -more of a feeler currently but I’m after a pre 60s Schwinn ,26” wheeler , complete , original paint , preferably with a tank , original bike or with parts it should have etc preferably straight bar , dx , style frames not cantilever, would love something like a pre war model c but probably a bit out of my price range currently, I’m over in England so must be willing to ship guessing if you’re over towards the coast closest to England it should be cheaper shipping wise , going off eBay prices expecting shipping to be around the £300 mark , cheers 👍

Last edited:
Hi -more of a feeler currently but I’m after a pre 60s Schwinn , complete , original paint , preferably with a tank , original bike or with parts it should have etc preferably straight bar , dx , style frames not cantilever, would love something like a pre war model c but probably a bit out of my price range currently, I’m over in England so must be willing to ship guessing if you’re over towards the coast closest to England it should be cheaper shipping wise , going off eBay prices expecting shipping to be around the £300 mark , cheers 👍
Take a look at my '49 straight bar for sale, if I does not sell in next couple weeks I would consider shipping to the UK. I would love the idea of one of my bikes being across the pond.

Take a look at my '49 straight bar for sale, if I does not sell in next couple weeks I would consider shipping to the UK. I would love the idea of one of my bikes being across the pond.
Cool just checked it out , up my street , seems good for the money , plus you’re on the coast closest to the uk , see how you get on/feel in a couple of weeks

Did you look into shipping this? Curious as to how that would happen and the cost..
I did have a bit of a rough look using bike flights - put a standard bike box dimensions in and a rough weight - it came to about $380 which is something like £330 , that was from Albany NY so I imagine it’d be a good chunk more ? Going more cross country first

I did have a bit of a rough look using bike flights - put a standard bike box dimensions in and a rough weight - it came to about $380 which is something like £330 , that was from Albany NY so I imagine it’d be a good chunk more ? Going more cross country first
Wondering if there any special packaging requirements.. Some of the bikes I’ve received from a couple states away in cardboard boxes look a little worse for wear..

Wondering if there any special packaging requirements.. Some of the bikes I’ve received from a couple states away in cardboard boxes look a little worse for wear..
I didn’t get that far into it , was assuming not though , had a frame come from the states and a couple of other new bikes from Germany - they’ve all just come in standard boxes , well packed of course

Key is well packed.. A lot of shops don’t put in any packaging material and if you don’t cover the axel end’s they will poke a hole.. Combine those two things together and you’re going to get stuff coming out of the box..

Back