When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: seat knowledge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
O

oppanoia

I'm interested in learning how to reupholster my bike saddles. They are always the last and hardest thing to restore. I would like to do it my self rather than outsourcing the task. I have looked through books and the internet. But everything is about cars, boats, or couches. Just looking for suggestions.
Thanks

The easiest seats to recover are the ones with a two piece pan. Single piece pans have to be stitched and if you don't have the right kind of sewing machine they can be difficult to recover. You just have to experiment with the different thicknesses and densities of foam depending on how thick and comfortable you want the seat to be. I usually use a 1/4" thick dense foam pad on the pan and then cover it with a 1" thick regular foam. I have only done a few in leather as it is a lot harder to work with. Mostly I use a good quality naugahyde to cover mine. A good fabric store usually has a good selection of colors and grain types. You will also need a good quality contact cement. When you put the material on you need to stretch it in every direction to get out all the puckers and wrinkles. You can use a hair dryer or heat gun to help stretch it. Mostly it is a matter of trial and error until you get the hang of it. As in any craft or art the more you practice the better you get,
Good luck
John

Back