When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: Set of used tires to fit this freshly picked, prewar Hawthorne Flyer.

-

falconer

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Need set of tires, used. Picked this yesterday! Rims measure approx 25 inches across, Phone or text 815 768 9108, or PM here, thanks

DSCF8797.JPG

DSCF8798.JPG

DSCF8799.JPG

DSCF8800.JPG

There are no ride-able tires for that bike. You got a decent set there that match the bike- hang it on the wall and get yourself a ballooner...

Need set of tires, used. Picked this yesterday! Rims measure approx 25 inches across, Phone or text 815 768 9108, or PM here, thanks

View attachment 1092878

View attachment 1092879

View attachment 1092880

View attachment 1092881
How about brand new tires you can actually ride on. This 700 x 33 cross tire will fit the old wood rims. It will need to be glued on just like the old tires. https://www.amazon.com/Clement-Cycl...e-bin:2760731011&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-23

28x1.5"

I have a set of #78 Giant Chain Tread that hold air for a month at a time, semi ride-able (not for long), they are old and on my 1930 Westfield rim set, metal clad wood.

It is a parts bicycle.

just putting it out there.

I stumbled on this thread. You all know how this bike takes old style 28 x 1 1/2 inch tubulars. And many of you have seen that universal tire makes some nice looking reproductions of the originals. I read a different thread about those here on the CABE, and it was said that they are for display only and cannot be ridden. Why is that, and what would happen if a person tried to ride on those. Of course also, you can still buy brand new tubulars that will work on Falconer's Hawthorne, they will just look like modern tires, but will ride fine. What are yall's takes on this matter of universal tire? Thank you!

I will say Falconer, that your Hawthorne is a mighty fine ride, and I would encourage riding it if possible. One could have a real fun time with that bike; definitely deluxe!

I stumbled on this thread. You all know how this bike takes old style 28 x 1 1/2 inch tubulars. And many of you have seen that universal tire makes some nice looking reproductions of the originals. I read a different thread about those here on the CABE, and it was said that they are for display only and cannot be ridden. Why is that, and what would happen if a person tried to ride on those. Of course also, you can still buy brand new tubulars that will work on Falconer's Hawthorne, they will just look like modern tires, but will ride fine. What are yall's takes on this matter of universal tire? Thank you!
You are referring to the Robert Dean tires, he sells them for display only, because he cannot guarantee that they will last for riding and selling them for display only, limits liability on him.

Basically so he doesn't loose everything if someone wrecks a bike and hurts them self while riding on his tires.

Back