When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: Shwinn New World Single speed wheels

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

etip

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was just given an old single speed New World, but it is missing it's wheels.
It is not a coaster brake (has brake calipers)- need a skinny tire wheelset for it.
thanks!
etip

Good luck with your wheel search, those are fine bikes. You might try posting this request in the "wanted" forum.

I think I've got some Columbia 26x1 3/8 10 speed wheels. That's 7mm smaller diameter than Schwinn 26x1 3/8 wheels and you'd need to redish them to get the single speed freewheel to line up right.
Show us a picture. I love those bikes.

thanks guys.
Will post in appropriate forum.
I will post a couple pictures as soon as I get a chance.
It's a really cool bike, fairly complete, but just missing wheels.
I have plenty of old balloon tire wheels, but they look too wide for this???

I'm not sure if they'd even fit unless you got some 26x1"tires. If you're determined to stay single speed, probably the best fit would be to get the wheels from a Schwinn 10 speed and just put a single speed freewheel on it. You might want to adjust the spokes so it sits in the center like it should. Since you've already got caliper brakes, though, it would be quite simple to take the wheels from a 3 speed, like a Breeze or a Racer. Come to think of it, why not just leave the 5 speed freewheel on the ten speed wheel and put a derailer on it, too?
I should keep this to myself, but I have some ancient fixed gear racing wheels from a 1928 Raleigh Golden Arrow that would be a direct fit and lots of fun. I'd want some money for them, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back