When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Wanted) So Cal Bicycle Painter

-
I had previously found a place in Santa Ana, CA that specializes in bike painting (mostly mountain bikes), but they have a pic of one nice vintage Schwinn cruiser on their site, so I called them. I was given a pretty high quote over the phone but not high enough to scare me off. I stopped by there a couple of days ago and the owner seemed like a complete dickhead. So I'm standing in the lobby and I can hear someone talking just inside the shop. So after a few minutes I walked into the shop just let the guy know that I'm there and it turns out he was on the phone - so he turns and shoots me the stinkiest stink face, like I'm a Black teenager in a high end department store. I just did a u-turn and walked straight out, I have zero tolerance for snooty conceited people and the last thing I'll do is give them my business..

I found a paint shop in Huntington Beach that can possibly do it. They paint high end cars and they also have a separate shop where they specialize in painting motor cycles.
When I asked about doing a bicycle frame they said "no problem, they used to have an account with a local bike shop, they've also painted tons of bikes".

I guess the question should be;

What kind of bike are you trying to get painted, make and vintage?

Are you going for an accurate restoration or a custom build?

There are lots of places locally that will take on a bicycle paint project but only a small hand full of painters that will do an accurate restoration with all the proper paint colors and graphic details.

I'm doing a 1964 Schwinn Typhoon - black. I don't think it matters if it has the original red primer etc, because it's a custom build (it would be nice but not mandatory)..
I just want someone experienced because I have an eye for detail and I don't to see obvious flaws, like someone did a quicky.

Back