When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Wanted) So Cal Bicycle Painter

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had previously found a place in Santa Ana, CA that specializes in bike painting (mostly mountain bikes), but they have a pic of one nice vintage Schwinn cruiser on their site, so I called them. I was given a pretty high quote over the phone but not high enough to scare me off. I stopped by there a couple of days ago and the owner seemed like a complete dickhead. So I'm standing in the lobby and I can hear someone talking just inside the shop. So after a few minutes I walked into the shop just let the guy know that I'm there and it turns out he was on the phone - so he turns and shoots me the stinkiest stink face, like I'm a Black teenager in a high end department store. I just did a u-turn and walked straight out, I have zero tolerance for snooty conceited people and the last thing I'll do is give them my business..

I found a paint shop in Huntington Beach that can possibly do it. They paint high end cars and they also have a separate shop where they specialize in painting motor cycles.
When I asked about doing a bicycle frame they said "no problem, they used to have an account with a local bike shop, they've also painted tons of bikes".

I guess the question should be;

What kind of bike are you trying to get painted, make and vintage?

Are you going for an accurate restoration or a custom build?

There are lots of places locally that will take on a bicycle paint project but only a small hand full of painters that will do an accurate restoration with all the proper paint colors and graphic details.

I'm doing a 1964 Schwinn Typhoon - black. I don't think it matters if it has the original red primer etc, because it's a custom build (it would be nice but not mandatory)..
I just want someone experienced because I have an eye for detail and I don't to see obvious flaws, like someone did a quicky.

Back