When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanted: springer spring

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

frankenbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Need a spring for a 39-40 Roadmaster springer fork. This is a CWC manufactured bike so others may fit. Chrome is not needed; actually rust is better so it will match the rest of the bike. PM here or call 540-248-0205. Thanks, Gary.
2.5" long 1" OD .625" ID .187" wire
20190705_162635.jpg

Last edited:
If it can use a schwinn spring, coming up with a very rusty one of those is NO PROBLEM for me. lmk. ;)

Schwinn spring is way too big- these look like a flathead Ford v8 valve spring. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. Thanks, Gary.

The $8- imports have springs of various strengths and dimensions in millimeters; e.g., 2.5" = 65mm.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/231925077064 (green)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122239175974 (brown)
Above were for a Shelby shock-ease; and the wire cross section can look a bit squared-off.
My understanding on the CWC springer, is that the ID is more important than the OD.
The brown versus green may be a different color-code system; the brown may match rust better.

The idea is that, after measuring, one may search for the suitable metric dimensions needed; (e.g., 16mm ID).

Last edited:
Thanks Archie, but these won't work. The metric dimensions are:
63.5mm long 25.5mm OD 16mm ID 4.7mm wire
The ID is critical because there an insert (adapter) that screws into each end of the spring which in turn screws onto the upper and lower truss rods. I'll keep looking although I hope that someone will chime in with a source for this piece of unobtainium. Thanks, Gary.

I think I have something that looks just like that sitting on my bench at work. I'll check it out in the AM.

Back