When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Pulley Wheel with Frame Fit Mount for a 1960 Schwinn Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eric Day

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, I am looking for a Sturmey Archer 3 speed pulley wheel and frame fit mounting post for a 1960 Schwinn racer.

These bikes do not take the regular clamp on pulley, I already have one of those.

There is a 1959 Blue Schwinn racer for sale here on Thecabe. It has pictures of what I need.

The pulley wheel on the '59 was the older metal type, I do not know if '60's would have the newer plastic or still the metal one.

I think I might have to have a machine shop make a part for me but I think it would be expensive so if someone has the parts for sale I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Eric.

Facebook group Vintage and Antique Bicycles for Sale member Neil Edwards (Nelly) listed one for sale last Saturday for $15 plus postage.

Hi, I am looking for a Sturmey Archer 3 speed pulley wheel and frame fit mounting post for a 1960 Schwinn racer.

These bikes do not take the regular clamp on pulley, I already have one of those.

There is a 1959 Blue Schwinn racer for sale here on Thecabe. It has pictures of what I need.

The pulley wheel on the '59 was the older metal type, I do not know if '60's would have the newer plastic or still the metal one.

I think I might have to have a machine shop make a part for me but I think it would be expensive so if someone has the parts for sale I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Eric.

Update on this subject;
I found the correct part thanks to a retired bicycle repair man who took pity on me when he saw my ad that I posted on my local craigslist.

I wll try to post some pics.

P1090289.JPG
P1090292.JPG
P1090290.JPG
If you have a 3 speed lightweight Schwinn like a racer or traveler or collegiate with a bracket just under the seat it takes the parts pictured, not a standard clamp on sturmey archer pulley.

I had trouble locating these parts as well, so I chose to machine exact duplicates - 10 sets.

Can send pic of new parts next month, then will place a several pulley kits on eBay.

I don't know if this will work, but could you disassemble a standard S/A clamp-on pulley and use it in your application? It may need some modification however.

I considered that too, but 3 point against it - 1) the clamp-on is plastic, 2) it has lettering on it and 3) the hole diameter isn't the same.

If duplication wasn't the goal, a clamp-on pulley could be made to work as an utilizing choice.

I've made twenty 4 piece sets and 15 of them I'll put on eBay for anyone like Eric.

Back