When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Tank for Prewar Ladies Elgin Murray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jlively970

Finally riding a big boys bike
Wanted Tank for Prewar Ladies Elgin, open to whatever - rust/patina preferred.. send me a pm with pictures if you have something you’re willing part with.

I learned this frame had 2 variations, one the horizontal cross bar like mine, and one with a slanted cross bar which had a different tank style. Notice last 2 pics, I need the one like in the last pic from @mynameislegion ‘s bike.

Thank you,

Josh

C0FB7D58-9C1C-433F-94DA-C440DA50937E.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly she looks great as is to me. A tank would just take away from those great painted details. Finding a tank that matches perfectly and doesn't stand out would be just about impossible. To each his own I suppose. Good luck.

The tank you seek is this Murray tank.
49C082D1-38EB-469C-AE1D-D6E49AE8198D.jpeg

Honestly she looks great as is to me. A tank would just take away from those great painted details. Finding a tank that matches perfectly and doesn't stand out would be just about impossible. To each his own I suppose. Good luck.

The tank you seek is this Murray tank.
View attachment 1171703
Thanks for the much valued opinion @fordmike65, I was thinking the exact same thing about hiding those details...

I just wanted to try and balance out all that “junk in the trunk” with a little sheet metal in front — Just seemed a little bottom heavy if you know what I mean!!!

Back