When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted - Vintage bicycle tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MEW1359

Look Ma, No Hands!
I bought a Dayton Davis Roadster 1917-1922 and it came with Goodyear tires on it which I know are not the originals. Research shows me that the bike originally came with Vitalic DeLuxe white tires, Goodrich Safety Tread tires, or Kokomo Everlaster white tires. Do they even make these anymore? Can these tires even be found or are they around anywhere? What would be a comparable or decent suitable tire to put on? Thanks!

The subject of original tires is a tricky one-
Are you intending to ride this bicycle?
If it is a display only bicycle original tires are an option but they are tough to find at best.

There are reproduction white tires available but nothing like the originals that were once on your bike.
Robert Dean tires are the goto for most folks in terms of reproduction 28" single tubes.

They don't make any of these anymore and probably haven't for about 90 years. A decent set of Vitalics (display quality) would probably ring the bell at $1500 or better and a set of Kokomos' if ever found would probably get really stupid. None of these will be rider worthy--rubber simply doesn't last that long. If you want to ride it look through the solutions folks use on here for 28" single tube alternatives. V/r Shawn

Thanks gents for the info, preciate it. Right now I have no plans to ride it so just for display purposes only now.

Back