When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found Wanting a light kit

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Probably too late for your needs but am posting them just in case. Battery compartments pristine and both work.

More photos available.

1585828305169.png

1585828231658.png

1585828178235.png

I had a few Raleighs which came with Miller lights, that's why I showed you that set.
I still have a 52 bike which has a Miller set, but no generator. It is powered through the dynohub.

Another for you to consider is to fit a Sturmey Archer Dyno Hub in the front wheel. It makes a nice clean option to power lights. Here is mine in a Raleigh RSW

$_DSC9301.jpg

That's a late-series Sports. The flat/dish Union bottle generator sets were very common bikes of that vintage. My 1978 DL-1 came with a Union bottle and dish light set, and it was a common add-on after manufacture as well. You could use the older "bullet" lamp style set from Miller, though they were a bit before the vintage of this bike. By the mid to late 1970s, Raleigh was using more Union parts and add-ons, Weinmann brakes, etc.

[Lucas made bike parts - a number of earlier lampsets and lots of varieties of bike bells. The bells are the more common things. They also made reflectors. The most common of the "classic" era lampsets are Miller/Sturmey.]

Last edited:
Back