When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced War time Eclipse Hub

-
Price
$50.00 shipped
Zipcode

JO BO

I live for the CABE
War time Eclipse hub it appears nice shape N3 36-13 Made between July and September 1943 and probably used on 1944 bicycles

Hub 2.jpeg

hub 3.jpeg

hub.jpeg

hub 4.jpeg

Last edited:
'1896!' I think that morrow(Eclipse Machine Company) came out with their first bicycle coaster hub around 1903. This hub was referred to as their 'B' hub and came out shortly after. Somewhere opposite the '36 13' number will be a letter/number (something like L-3 and N-2 1942-45) for the date it was actually built. Another hint is the black paint bleeding thru the rust indicating a wartime hub when chroming was forbidden. Hope this helps date this hub.

Last edited:
'1896!' I think that morrow(Eclipse Machine Company) came out with their first bicycle coaster hub around 1903. This hub was referred to as their 'B' hub and came out shortly after. Somewhere opposite the '36 13' number will be a letter/number (something like L-M and 1-4 1942-45) for the date it was actually built. Another hint is the black paint bleeding thru the rust indicating a wartime hub when chroming was forbidden. Hope this helps date this hub.
Thanks for the reply. I had someone else date this hub for me. other info is N3 on the hub. I will check with him again on your concerns. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the input as I know nothing about them. I thought some kid spray painted his bike so it became black etc. well I guess it makes it kinda special in it's own way then if you guys are correct. I have messaged my friend so he can reply. thanks Jo Bo

Last edited:
Back