When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Uncle Spike

On Training Wheels
Can someone tell me what model and maybe what year my family Montgomery Wards Hawthorne is? Thanks.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Well its heavy as can be and seems pretty big to me. What part would I measure to determine? It has 24" tires

That would be a 24" bike then. It's the tire size that indicates what size a bike is. Frame size is a different deal.

24" tires gives it away. My bad. The head tube seems soooo long and the chainguard seems very short. Maybe it's just an illusion. I have had a couple beers.
Carry on among yourselves, I'm done.
Cheers

Some people luv'em but these 24" SKs always looked funky to me which is why I don't think I could ever own one--even a Wing Bar or Flocycle

Nice early wards duralumin bike with another example of a Silver Ray light with back screw. Only came on first year bikes
Then went to the standard two side screws
After 34. Also has steel bars, steel truss rods and steel battery tube. All changed to aluminum the next year. Hard rubber seat was also changed the following year

Last edited:
Back