When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne project

-
Wow! Wow! Wow! That sure came back to life!

I've had this one for a few years and have been afraid to touch it because I don't want to mess up the patina. But after seeing your bike I'm feeling better! Lol

Outstanding job!

View attachment 1053120
Take the advice from all the experienced minds on this site, and just clean it up nicely, new grease and bearings and ride and enjoy it. I took their advice, except for painting the light, and I'm very glad I did. Yours looks just my uncle's. Get it rolling, it's a hoot to ride. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've revived this thread to give an update on the bike. My uncle and my aunt both passed away within three weeks of each other a couple months ago. They had just celebrated their 70th anniversary. He went first. My cousins gave me the bike because he told them he wanted me to have it. I'll always cherish this bike and the history that goes with it. I'll probably look into getting the fork taken care of now. It's still a lot of fun to ride.

I've revived this thread to give an update on the bike. My uncle and my aunt both passed away within three weeks of each other a couple months ago. They had just celebrated their 70th anniversary. He went first. My cousins gave me the bike because he told them he wanted me to have it. I'll always cherish this bike and the history that goes with it. I'll probably look into getting the fork taken care of now. It's still a lot of fun to ride.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle and aunt. Here is a link that might solve your fork issue. It is listed under "Services" on the Forums page. Nate does great work!

Back