When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's amazing what you find under all the dirt and grime when you clean, polish and wax it. It's too bad there won't be a big WOW factor when it's done and I give it back to my uncle. He really hadn't seen it in 60+ years except for the 10 minutes it took me to tie it to the back of my car after I got it down from the rafters.
View attachment 1031231View attachment 1031232View attachment 1031233View attachment 1031234View attachment 1031235View attachment 1031236View attachment 1031237View attachment 1031238View attachment 1031239

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That blue badge looks awesome on a blue bike. That cleaned up amazingly.

What a nice old bike! Your uncle might be very surprised. What did you use to clean the paint?

Last edited:
What a nice old bike! Your uncle might be very surprised. What did you use to clean the paint?
After washing with car soap I just used a liquid polishing compound, lightly, then car wax. It's got lots of chips and surface rust but the surface is smooth now.

edit...I just remembered that I took the advice of forum members and tried using 0000 steel wool with WD 40 on the paint too and it worked great!

Last edited:
After washing with car soap I just used a liquid polishing compound, lightly, then car wax. It's got lots of chips and surface rust but the surface is smooth now.

Thanks,Looks great

I'm waiting for tires to arrive hopefully by the weekend. I've tried 3 bike stores to see about straightening the fork, and they all looked like I was asking them for a million dollars. [emoji34]
I'm going to try it myself. I read a lot of the threads on this forum, and it looks doable.

Back