When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards Hawthorne serial numbers

-

pedal_junky

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
image.jpg
I know this has been hashed out before, but RMS37 or Adamtinkerer can you help me out on this one?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well it's CWC built. I think the D serial would put it as a '38, maybe into early '39.

Last edited:
grazi

Thank you sir. Any way to find out which model/how it was equipped, colors etc? Would it show up in the Montgomery Ward catalogs?

The best you can hope for is scraping down for the original paint color since most backyard jobs were just spray or brush jobs over the paint. Looks to have been blue.

I believe these were all low equipped bikes and I don't think a tank was ever even produced for the frame. I'd need a better picture but the fork doesn't look original. This frame is often referred to as a double bar roadster. Though, Schwinn, Colson, and Snyder all had frames that were quite similar, this is a CWC bike.

cool

The best you can hope for is scraping down for the original paint color since most backyard jobs were just spray or brush jobs over the paint. Looks to have been blue.

I believe these were all low equipped bikes and I don't think a tank was ever even produced for the frame. I'd need a better picture but the fork doesn't look original. This frame is often referred to as a double bar roadster. Though, Schwinn, Colson, and Snyder all had frames that were quite similar, this is a CWC bike.

Excellent, thank you so much. I think I have seen the fastback style with a tank, but not these. Looks like primer on the fork, no paint. Here are a couple more shots of the fork.Thanks for your time.
20140210_203135.jpg
20140210_203148.jpg

Yeah, that's a later 60s fork. Similar triple plate style though.

Here's what the original fork would have been:

010_zps7f0ed228-1.jpg

Looking for these

Yeah, that's a later 60s fork. Similar triple plate style though.

Here's what the original fork would have been:

010_zps7f0ed228-1.jpg

If anyone has a truss rod setup like this for my 36 zep.please pm me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 251
Back