When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards hawthorne straight bar

-

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just curious if anyone knows what model this howthorne is. I dont see many straightbar models and very few with this rear rack. Im looking for references so i can find a new tank for it. Other than the rims and the edges of the fenders i was able to complete disassemble this bike with nothing braking. The seatpost came out like butter but its completely shot

20210425_161846.jpg

20210425_161905.jpg

20210425_161922.jpg

20210425_161925.jpg

Maybe an early CWC-built; a serial number, if not rusted over, might provide additional insight on the date.

Other members may also be familiar with a model that had brazed or welded-in-place brackets for a tank (or other accessory?); or is it just fused into place by rust?

Last edited:
Looks like a 40/41 Comet. I had one and it was the best riding bike...wish I never let that one go.
It definitely looks like a comet to me, thank you. Plus now i have a goal to get mine riding like yours. Do you have a picture of your old bike?

bihawcom41hp3.jpg

Hawthorne AA, kinda hard to see thru the rust but looks Snyder built ( curved upper rear fender bridge? ) that lost it's OG fork ( and other stuff ) over the years.

Back