When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards hawthorne straight bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just curious if anyone knows what model this howthorne is. I dont see many straightbar models and very few with this rear rack. Im looking for references so i can find a new tank for it. Other than the rims and the edges of the fenders i was able to complete disassemble this bike with nothing braking. The seatpost came out like butter but its completely shot

20210425_161846.jpg

20210425_161905.jpg

20210425_161922.jpg

20210425_161925.jpg

Maybe an early CWC-built; a serial number, if not rusted over, might provide additional insight on the date.

Other members may also be familiar with a model that had brazed or welded-in-place brackets for a tank (or other accessory?); or is it just fused into place by rust?

Last edited:
Looks like a 40/41 Comet. I had one and it was the best riding bike...wish I never let that one go.
It definitely looks like a comet to me, thank you. Plus now i have a goal to get mine riding like yours. Do you have a picture of your old bike?

bihawcom41hp3.jpg

Hawthorne AA, kinda hard to see thru the rust but looks Snyder built ( curved upper rear fender bridge? ) that lost it's OG fork ( and other stuff ) over the years.

Back