When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wards hawthorne

-

ratcycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have Wards and Hawthorne bike and i don't what the model is or the year. I wanted to know if anyone could help me out.

Thanks

Levi

Last edited:
Your bike was manufactured by the Cleveland Welding Company. The frame style coupled with the style of the dropouts indicates it was produced between 1947 and 1949. If you post the serial number (located on the bottom of the crank hanger) the build date could be pinned down a bit further. The serial number should be a letter followed by five numbers, there may be a Cw or ACw suffix following it.

Ok

I think it may have been cobbled together from different years. I paid 150 for it, and I figured I could use it for parts if nothing else.

I agree with your assessment, the bicycle has some parts that are older than the frame (rack, seat, dropstand) and some that are newer (modern repop headlight). What you have is well worth the purchase price and if you want to restore the bike to the correct configuration for a late forties Cleveland Welding built Hawthorne it should not be terribly expensive or difficult to find the parts you need.

Hey, i dont have pictures yet. but i have what appears to be an all original Wards Hawthorne. the serial number is A1256P. is that enough info to ID it?
thanks,
Alex

Hawthorne

I also have a wards Hawthorne bike but not that old. Could anybody out there tell me what year/style my bike is serial# 5505 also has another# 05EH....I think it's one of the Deluxe models w/ Springer front,trussrods,crashrail on seat, also came with crash rails in back of bike by Persons-Majestic

Need help also

i was wondering the same thing i need help with my Wards Hawthorne bike i have no real idea what i have or what year or if its worth anything. The serial# on it is A032428

Attachments

• DSCN1787.jpg
    DSCN1787.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 819
  • DSCN1788.jpg
    DSCN1788.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 716
  • DSCN1789.jpg
    DSCN1789.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 617
  • DSCN1790.jpg
    DSCN1790.jpg