When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Columbia Sports Tourist...100% Original

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hurrah!!! Great balls of fire!!! Yes, that is March 1943! So your bike was most likely completed between March - June 1943. Probably April or May. Didn't I tell you the first half of 1943? That is so cool! Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in this.

Regards,
Bill

Thanks to you, Bill, I now know my bikes History!!!! And you were dead on with the dating!!

And when I think about it, the War was raging on at this point as the bike was being made....scary...

That is part of the reason I like to collect the WWII. US Military and Civilian Defense bicycles. You own a piece of WWII history that was part of the history that was being made. You can read and think about what was going on at the time that your bike was there!

Regards,
Bill

Wonderful bike Harpo! HuffmanBill, I totally agree with you. This history and time period is fascinating. My father was a veteran of WWII and wounded in the South Pacific. I often think of the sacrifice both of my parents, as well as millions of others made during that time. As you said Harpo, scary. I have a 1942 male version of your bike. I need to dig it back out and check for the frame code.

I just want to add something about the bike to make it a little more special, IMHO...

@HUFFMANBILL When I bought the bike, I was told it was all original, tires included. And unless a tube was replaced all those years ago, the bike is a true Virgin. I cleaned it up to make it look like you see it, but I never took it apart to do it. It even retains whatever grease was on the bearings.

What I'm getting at, is that the last person to touch the bike at the factory to assemble it was in 1943. It has remained that way since WWII.

All your other bikes usually get the full treatment and are just beautiful. Would you clean the grease off the bottom bracket, with just rags so the inside grease is left alone. Or is that too much and kinda devalues it. It seems kinda perfect. Just curious.

All your other bikes usually get the full treatment and are just beautiful. Would you clean the grease off the bottom bracket, with just rags so the inside grease is left alone. Or is that too much and kinda devalues it. It seems kinda perfect. Just curious.

I've cleaned the bike, but never took it apart to grease anything. And with those tires, I've never even ridden it! :) Just a piece of History to look at and enjoy. It was pretty filthy when I got it, but this is now more of a "Time Capsule" and cleaned up as you see it. Doubtful I'll ever find another this original from this time period.

Back