When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

-
Thanks Miq for getting me on the list. Good to know it is a 41. I hope to get started on the cleaning process soon. Always really enjoy that. Lately some shoulder, knee and back injuries have my projects piling up though. Appreciate all the valuable information that everyone has to offer. The historical aspect of our hobby is important to me. My father was a WWII vet, serving in the South Pacific in the Navy. He was wounded in the Palau islands in 44. My mom still had ration stamps from the war. Bikes of that period always makes me think of them and all the sacrifices that generation did for our freedom. Anyway, sorry so windy, but I appreciate all of the knowledge.

I just purchased an Eddie Rickenbacker racer from 1963. It comes Monday. Looks great!
65ba2e9622fe32f0473805abb1c587dd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I love riding. Problem is it appears God’s flooding the earth where I live. It’s rained and been cold here for the last two months. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Miq,
Yes this is a nice example, which I purchased from Jim Barnard a while back. I just cleaned it up a bit and did a little touch-up paint work. I have two other 1942 Schwinn New Worlds a men's VW1M and a women's VW1L War-Time models, Both original and unrestored. I also have a Schwinn made Chicago Cycle Supply badged,, LaSalle marked men's lightweight, which is essentially a New World ( I guess since it was made for Chicago Cycle Supply they could not mark it as a New World). All 3 of these wartime lightweights are black-out models. If you would like, when I get a few pictures together with the information for your list I will post them for addition.

Regards,
Bill Strong

Hi Bill. We would love to see pics and learn more about the other war time bikes you have in your collection. Thanks!

@HUFFMANBILL posted a few new pics of his 1942 New World. We already had this on the list but the new pics are great. This is the earliest one we've seen with blackout parts and has just one rear mudguard stay.
View attachment 1169802
View attachment 1169803
View attachment 1169805View attachment 1169806

HUFFMANBILL also posted some advertisements for these victory bikes. Very cool!!
View attachment 1169807
View attachment 1169811View attachment 1169812

View attachment 1169813
Very nice early bike! My 40 has two rear fender wire braces. This 42 has only one. Seems to be going backwards. Trying to conserve steel? Also interesting is the painted Superior style front fender. Option?

Back