When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A few entries to add to the list have piled up over the past few months. Here's some updates:

@jimbo53 Thanks for sharing the development of your Black 41. I really enjoyed seeing it at the track. 80 years of smiles.

@locomotion That racer is one of the oldest on our list and fits in nicely with it's brothers. Here's a '39 catalog "photo" of the one piece crank version W1R. Did it already sell?
1611416472818.png

@C M Gerlach Thank you for adding the Red Champion badged bike. It is very unique. @Oilit is right, the Slat type mudguard braces are really interesting with the little triangular metal piece tying the rear slats together at the hub. I've seen them on New Worlds in 1939 catalog pictures, but they don't show up on 1941 bikes. I wonder if they were using them up (old stock) on a run of different Champion badged bikes. The wire style braces of this time are not nearly as durable as the slat style you have. Your bike is in VERY nice shape. o_O Here's the '39 Catalog showing those braces:

1611417271858.png

@HARPO Thank you for adding your new New World. It's the older brother of your '48. Now you have a prewar and a post war. Nice! I'm listing it as black paint but sometimes it looks dark green. ??? Looking forward to seeing where you take it.

1611418232538.png

1611418264752.png

Last edited:
@C M Gerlach 's New World reminded me of this so called 1945 piece that's on this not so accurate site. http://classiccycleus.com/home/1945-schwinn-new-world/

1611424333757.png

The NW featured here is definitely not a 1945 model or even a war time piece. Schwinn started electro-forging the head tubes and the tube joints at the head tube in 1943 and this one is definitely not EF. Another indication is the fender stays and the kickstand is not built in and it doesn't have the removable seat post clamp. Anyone ever see a New World with that style front fender? This example is what I believe to be a FrankenWorld and shouldn't be passed off as a 1945 built New World.

Last edited:
@GTs58 That's the other pic I've seen of those Slat style mudguard braces! We have never figured out a serial number for that one, have we? The frame is prewar. There's a lot going on with that bike.

@Miq I will be passing it on as there's just so much it needs to be original...wheels, fenders, fork...and the paint is black but pretty much gone. I've listed it on Facebook at $99 (PICKUP ONLY) for someone who would give it the love it deserves.

Another early survivor. Thanks @Oilit that's the earliest C+4Digit serial we've seen! 39-40 for sure. Those hand stamped 3 piece crank BB racer frames are sweet.
1613786510958.png

1613786631993.png

Back