When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I dug up this decade old New World post from @rideahiggins on his 1940 New World 2 speed. Serial D8767. It is complete and looks all original with locking fork and pin stripes. o_O
View attachment 1364933View attachment 1364934View attachment 1364935View attachment 1364936View attachment 1364937
View attachment 1364940
View attachment 1364941
Pre-war New Departure hubs could be 2 speeds, but a Sturmey-Archer should be 3 speeds. I was going to ask about the date code on the hub but you've beat me to it. Nice bike though, I hadn't seen this one. Thanks for posting it!

Last edited:
Those are some of the best-preserved pin stripes on a New World I've seen. The white is an unusual color to find, and it's in good shape on that bike. Hub is probably an AW. It may or may not have a date code - the ones from around WWII sometimes don't have a date code.

@Jon Olson posted some pics in another thread of his 1940 step through with 3 speed hub and 3 piece crank. Similar to @vincev D serial 3 piece crank bike, the D in the serial is the hard to read I / 0 double strike. This bike also has flat mudguard braces from the 1939 Catalog and a nice AS&Co chainring.
1616132489762.jpeg

1616132802960.jpeg

1939 Catalog pic of braces.
1616133528789.png

1616164433173.png

1616164467560.png

That’s a really neat wartime bike @1936PEDALER !! We haven’t seen one with that badge or paint/decals before. I would love to see more pics. @GTs58 what do you make of the threaded plug in the EF BB? Is that something Schwinn did? The black out ND rear hub looks nice. Cool victory bike. :cool:

Last edited:
That’s a really neat wartime bike @1936PEDALER !! We haven’t seen one with that badge or paint/decals before. I would love to see more pics. @GTs58 what do you make of the threaded plug in the EF BB? Is that something Schwinn did? The black out ND rear hub looks nice. Cool victory bike. :cool:

Cool piece! And a J series war time NW. It seems to have been used for a work type vehicle so maybe that "drain plug" was used to do a quick needed lube on the bottom bracket. First time I've seen that on a one piece crank. I couldn't imagine how much grease or oil is needed to fill that to where it would do any good though.

That's really nice! I'm guessing the chain guard was aftermarket since the war-time bikes didn't have them, but it suits the look of the bike to a "T". And that badge is the crowning touch!

Back