When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@RustyHornet thats going to fit nice on the chart. The other stamps could be bike security stampings from a registry. ??

@Doodsie those were the same markings as on my OG 41 crank. 502 is the Ladies/New World 6.5” crank part number. Sorry to hear about the threads. The ladies 502 dog leg cranks are somewhat easier to find at least.
I have a similar vintage ladies bike just outside the back door with that crank. Didn't want to part it, I'll try to reuse the original. We'll see.

Adding @RustyHornet 's La Salle badged prewar to the list. Interesting that it is just under @markivpedalpusher 's Chicago Cycle Supply "Lincoln" badged New World. Lot's of rebadging on New Worlds. @RustyHornet don't give up on the paint removal. Let's see how much of the OG maroon you can uncover.
1619374929124.png

1619368547329.png

Last edited:
@Miq here’s a better shot of the rear fender. I believe it to be original, but one of the braces has definitely been swapped out. I’d love to replace it with a correct one if anyone has a wire brace!

@RustyHornet Ahh I see, OK I corrected the entry above to say "rear stay replaced". Thank you for reminding me and the pics too.

Lacquer thinner will work on that mudguard. :)

Last edited:
@RustyHornet Ahh I see, OK I corrected the entry above to say "rear stay replaced". Thank you for reminding me and the pics too.

Lacquer thinner will work on that mudguard. :)
Thank you! I plan to do all the chrome bits first, then start on the smaller painted pieces. I’m nervous about the silver pin stripes and decals on the frame...

Reactions: Miq
Grabbed a pretty rough one today. Not sure what I will do with it. Frame and fork look straight. Not sure if the bars and stem are correct. Rear rim and hub are wrong. Front fender looks homemade. Front hub and rim might be correct. New departure front hub. Maroon is the original color. I used some acetone on the silver and it comes off pretty easy. I might try to get all the silver off. I’m guessing with the chart that is going here, probably a 39ish. Let me know what you think.

Grabbed a pretty rough one today. Not sure what I will do with it. Frame and fork look straight. Not sure if the bars and stem are correct. Rear rim and hub are wrong. Front fender looks homemade. Front hub and rim might be correct. New departure front hub. Maroon is the original color. I used some acetone on the silver and it comes off pretty easy. I might try to get all the silver off. I’m guessing with the chart that is going here, probably a 39ish. Let me know what you think. View attachment 1412651
View attachment 1412652

View attachment 1412653

View attachment 1412654

View attachment 1412655

1939 was the only year the New Worlds had that rear fork end. The 1940 models were the first Schwinn bikes to have the rear drop out fork ends.

Last edited:
Back