When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok, I am definitely surprised to see how the paint turned out, especially with how thick the silver was. Probably would have been a little better but they lightly sanded before painting silver. I think most of the parts I swapped are period correct. Pedals are what I had laying around. I would not have done this unless you guys pointed out the one year frame. Only a few letters left of the schwinn new world decal but still cool to see something there. Few before during and after pics.

Ok, I am definitely surprised to see how the paint turned out, especially with how thick the silver was. Probably would have been a little better but they lightly sanded before painting silver. I think most of the parts I swapped are period correct. Pedals are what I had laying around. I would not have done this unless you guys pointed out the one year frame. Only a few letters left of the schwinn new world decal but still cool to see something there. Few before during and after pics. View attachment 1422444
View attachment 1422451

View attachment 1422454

View attachment 1422445

View attachment 1422446

View attachment 1422447

View attachment 1422449

View attachment 1422448

OMG! You are hardcore! That's unbelievable Jim.

OMG! You are hardcore! That's unbelievable Jim.
I absolutely hate trying to remove paint from repainted bikes. I will usually pass on the house painted bikes all together because it’s usually an insane amount of time with usually not great results. But, this one started turning out pretty good, so I went nuts on it. Definitely pleased with the end result. If anyone has a lead on rough maroon fenders, let me know please.

Ok, I am definitely surprised to see how the paint turned out, especially with how thick the silver was. Probably would have been a little better but they lightly sanded before painting silver. I think most of the parts I swapped are period correct. Pedals are what I had laying around. I would not have done this unless you guys pointed out the one year frame. Only a few letters left of the schwinn new world decal but still cool to see something there. Few before during and after pics. View attachment 1422444
View attachment 1422451

View attachment 1422454

View attachment 1422445

View attachment 1422446

View attachment 1422447

View attachment 1422449

View attachment 1422448
That is awesome and gives me motivation to do mine! If you don’t mind saying how you removed the paint???

That is awesome and gives me motivation to do mine! If you don’t mind saying how you removed the paint???
Acetone but it all depends on the kind of paint. I have tried acetone on other house painted bikes and it hasn’t touched it. It happened to work on this silver paint though.

Hey guy's, does anyone have the correct seat for a 40 extra in their pile of cool old parts?? If not I will go to the wanted pages.😎thanks

Got another one to add to the registry! Picked this one up today for parts. I need the rear fender brace, seat is pending. I’m keeping the head badge for now. Figured I’d post it here first, everything else is up for grabs.

Rear blackout hub is super nice, rear wheel paint is rough, front wheel paint is pretty nice but the hub is lacking a lot of black paint, blackout crankset, bars, neck appears to be chromed.

If interested in anything, send me a message. Would prefer pickup, but will ship in lower 48.

Back