When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
a guy can only have so many ladies bikes .... here's another one I'll add here I have had for a while.

I'll have to find more pics.... had no original fenders. those are extra wheels in the pic below.

Last edited:
my pictures are mostly on my old computer. found these on my phone. pedals are from a 1950 girls bike, which is now a 1953 Men's bike.

anyone know what the fender is? fits perfect on the axle. it is chrome with metal flake paint fogged over it. really cool, sorry no pictures.

Thanks for adding the pics of your blue step thru @49autocycledeluxe! Good shot of the dark blue pins. Have you found any date-able parts on that bike? It's right on the edge of 1941. Just wondering if you pulled the crank or if the hub had any clues.

@GTs58 saw this black Victory New World online and provided these great pics from the owner:
1635089945890.png
1635089952742.png
1635089962255.png
1635089968215.png
1635089975022.png
1635089983833.png
1635089991321.png
1635089998177.png
1635090004756.png
1635090011080.png
1635090020716.png
1635090028238.png
1635090036884.png

Since it is a VW1M Victory bike it did not originally come with a chainguard or kickstand. The bars, grips, saddle are also replacements but the rest of the bike is very close to it's I8xxxx serial brothers owned by @HUFFMANBILL and @49autocycledeluxe. Blackout hubs, blackout skip tooth chainring, 1 wire rear mudguard stay, victory "V" marked Whirlwind tire, are hallmarks of these wartime Victory bikes. Sweet!

Thanks for adding the pics of your blue step thru @49autocycledeluxe! Good shot of the dark blue pins. Have you found any date-able parts on that bike? It's right on the edge of 1941. Just wondering if you pulled the crank or if the hub had any clues.

all I have done to this blue one was rob it of the Miller kickstand, remove the later fender, install new tubes and rebuild the coaster brake. looks and feels like the crank bearings were done already, so I have not checked the crank. eventually I'll have a look.

Reactions: Miq

@GTs58 saw this black Victory New World online and provided these great pics from the owner:
View attachment 1501168View attachment 1501169View attachment 1501171View attachment 1501172View attachment 1501173View attachment 1501174View attachment 1501176View attachment 1501177View attachment 1501178View attachment 1501179View attachment 1501181View attachment 1501182View attachment 1501184
Since it is a VW1M Victory bike it did not originally come with a chainguard or kickstand. The bars, grips, saddle are also replacements but the rest of the bike is very close to it's I8xxxx serial brothers owned by @HUFFMANBILL and @49autocycledeluxe. Blackout hubs, blackout skip tooth chainring, 1 wire rear mudguard stay, victory "V" marked Whirlwind tire, are hallmarks of these wartime Victory bikes. Sweet!
That’s nice

Reactions: Miq
Please help us gather some more info on wartime Schwinn New Worlds (or other lightweights). We know many of you have these unique bikes and they all have an interesting story to tell. We are already starting to get an idea of what serial number New Worlds have the transition from brazing to electro forming construction and can see the progression from few blackout parts to many. There were many (not 100s of thousands but many) non-military "Defense" or "Victory" New Worlds built during the war. Here's a look at what we have started to see:

View attachment 991082

With the help of @GTs58 and @SirMike1983 and a few other New World enthusiasts, we've been able to thread a narrative about the progression of these bikes from braced big handle bar tourists with rear forks, to the inexpensive rear dropout lightweight EF performers they became. This is how we got here: 3-speeder's Wartime Schwinn New World

But there are MANY more of these wartime lightweights out there in your collections. Here's a few examples we think would help add more clues and details. Do you know anything about these bikes? Do you have a serial number or pictures or more info you can share to help add to our understanding?

@bikepaulie What's the serial number on your 1939??

@bobcycles You see all kinds of stuff and can probably add tons of info. In particular, what happened to this bike? This is exactly the kind of bike we want to know more about. War Bird

@manuelvilla You have/had a beautiful step through New World that holds clues I'm sure. My New World

@DonChristie You have/had this very original 1940 looking bike. What's the serial number? New World

@orangewill Mentioned this K serial bike of his friends. Any one know more about it? ID Help

@Jim Barnard had this bike with a 3-piece crank and brazed frame with tons of blackout parts. What's the story? Too unique! Wartime Blacked Out

@Eric had/has this blackout ladies beauty. Any way to get more info on this one? War Era Schwinn

@GenuineRides had this frame for sale that looks interesting. Did it get used in a build? Help w Year

@bikiba I know you love these bikes. Got any pics/info you can share to help add to the story. You have the blackout eyes. o_O

@jpromo In one thread you mention owning 3 of these frames (Serial F, G, and I). Please tell us more...

I'm looking forward to what kind of stuff crawls out of the woodwork on this. Who has stuff we've never seen before? Time to shine a light on that funny wartime lightweight you've been secretly loving... Let's fill the table out all the way to @SirMike1983 's gorgeous 1947 multi-gear New World!

YOU GOT THEM - LET'S SEE THEM!!

DDD9D012-D991-41ED-BE0E-EBD206EF423B.png

Back