When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
War time piece with just one rear fender stay. Looks legit to me even with the flat braces. What's funny is the high I serial number and it doesn't show any indication of the BB shell being EF'd. Or I can't see it, maybe rotated off towards the chain stays in all that gunk?

42 (-45?) New Worlds are the most interesting and coolest IMO. Every time we uncover a new one we find new twists. Some of these things we've seen before. This is @3-speeder 's 1942, it has the same basic form, even the odd blackout slat transition braces:
1651724073971.png

We talked about these odd braces in 3-speeder's thread on this bike. They are not like the 39 braces or the future 45 slat braces.
We have also seen how the EF and NOT EF BB got mixed around this time. Here is @crazyhawk 's NOT EF I serial 1942 New World:
1651724755714.png

And a few other early I serials including @67 stingray 's:
1651725034608.png

But @Just Jeff found this very early I that is EF:
1651726295228.png

It also seems like a lot of the wartime New Worlds were badged with other brands. We've seen:

Lincoln (including Sir Mike's)
BFG
Kalamazoo Supercycle
LaSalle
Cadillac
Liberty

All of these wartime bikes are such hidden gems of the vintage bike world. However, $1k seems higher than I would expect for such an underappreciated bit of history. 😛

After looking at the I series random non EF shells, I started to wonder what could have been the reason for this odd production practice. Could those shells actually be EF pieces and Schwinn ground off the outer slag for some reason? If someone that is listed with a non EF shell could take a look inside to see if it actually was EF, that may clear this up. But then again, it might not. 🙃

This thread is an example of the CABE at its best. We've gone from knowing very little about the overall history of New Worlds to knowing quite a bit as to serial numbers, progression of certain parts and features, etc. There is still more to learn, but so far, we have documented dozens and dozens of examples that still exist today.

This thread is an example of the CABE at its best. We've gone from knowing very little about the overall history of New Worlds to knowing quite a bit as to serial numbers, progression of certain parts and features, etc. There is still more to learn, but so far, we have documented dozens and dozens of examples that still exist today.

the Cabe is a great place for us bike guys. I didn't even know the Schwinn I had for 25 years was a B-6 before I found this place. 95% of my old bike knowledge comes from here.

42 (-45?) New Worlds are the most interesting and coolest IMO. Every time we uncover a new one we find new twists. Some of these things we've seen before. This is @3-speeder 's 1942, it has the same basic form, even the odd blackout slat transition braces:
View attachment 1619857
We talked about these odd braces in 3-speeder's thread on this bike. They are not like the 39 braces or the future 45 slat braces.
We have also seen how the EF and NOT EF BB got mixed around this time. Here is @crazyhawk 's NOT EF I serial 1942 New World:
View attachment 1619858
And a few other early I serials including @67 stingray 's:
View attachment 1619859
But @Just Jeff found this very early I that is EF:
View attachment 1619865

It also seems like a lot of the wartime New Worlds were badged with other brands. We've seen:

Lincoln (including Sir Mike's)
BFG
Kalamazoo Supercycle
LaSalle
Cadillac
Liberty

All of these wartime bikes are such hidden gems of the vintage bike world. However, $1k seems higher than I would expect for such an underappreciated bit of history. 😛
Was mine the thread that started it all????? Huge credit goes to @Miq . Fantastic spreadsheet and kudos to all the work and research. Kicked up the knowledge level to eleven! Good job Team CABE!

Back