When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had this bike for sale on Craigslist then I saw these fenders. yes the fenders are green, bike is black.
I'll keep it for a while longer now. 🙂

41 Liberty 9-9-22 (2).jpg

@Miq, here's another for the registry. Hand grips have been replaced, kickstand and pedals have gone missing and there's plenty of dirt and rust, but looks original otherwise. The tires even hold air! Morrow hub has a date code of K3, which according to @Freqman1's web page makes it the third quarter of 1941. As for the serial, they managed to obliterate most of the first letter when they welded on the chain stays. What's left could be either a "G" or "J", but from your list, the "J" serials were all war-time bikes with black-out parts, so this must be "G". The tires are Goodyear Rib, 26 x 1.375, "For Hooked Edge Rim".

https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/hub-dating/

IMG_4531.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4566.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's funny @Oilit because when I saw the bike I thought wait something is different... It was the air in the tires. At first I thought the tires were replaced.

That's funny @Oilit because when I saw the bike I thought wait something is different... It was the air in the tires. At first I thought the tires were replaced.
They'll need to be replaced before anybody takes a ride, there's only 20 psi in them now and that showed enough cracks that it felt like time to stop. But bikes roll much better when the tires aren't dragging on the fenders. 🥰

just bought this frame. the ad had this for the serial # 173933 ??. maybe the 1 is supposed to be a i ... I have a complete black ladies prewar that I planned on leaving alone. it has a freewheel and brakes and locking fork which I will need to cut and rethread. I may even put a drum brake up front I had for my B-6.

how many black war-prewar lightweights is too many? I have a BFG, a Liberty and now a Cadillac.

with shipping I paid way too much for just a frame but the girls bike only set me back a about 60 bucks so it will all even out in the end. 🙂

1664476309618.png

1664476388791.png
1664476342492.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Miq
just bought this frame. the ad had this for the serial # 173933 ??. maybe the 1 is supposed to be a i ... I have a complete black ladies prewar that I planned on leaving alone. it has a freewheel and brakes and locking fork which I will need to cut and rethread. I may even put a drum brake up front I had for my B-6.

how many black war-prewar lightweights is too many? I have a BFG, a Liberty and now a Cadillac.

with shipping I paid way too much for just a frame but the girls bike only set me back a about 60 bucks.

View attachment 1703746

View attachment 1703748View attachment 1703747
I take it you haven't received the frame yet? An "I" serial sounds right. And we all know there's no such thing as too many.

Back