When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If it's similar to the Greenfield, it should work.

Some of the bulkier stands made by Wald on the post-war English bikes in the US won't clear the non-drive crank. I tried three different Wald stands from the 1940s - 1960s (all came from English bikes) on a 1942 New World I rebuilt last year and none would clear the crank. I just went with a black Greenfield in the end.

Amazing seeing 2 K serial bikes in one day. Must be my birthday! Reorganizing the sheet now that we have so many Wartime bikes. They need their own section of distinction.

1683586892663.png

1683586951652.png

1683586998596.png

1683587053106.png

1683587131629.png

1683587167398.png

1683587195149.png

Last edited:
That looks to be the same one on eBay. It is in excellent shape.

Those u-shaped plate Miller stands make me cringe when I see them. They tend to leave bite marks in the chain stays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miq
Post-war, but too cool not to share. I did look at this one in person while I was picking up something for another CABE’r, but she was asking way too much for me. She’s down to $100 now. This is a 24” wheeled bike. Really neat! If she drops it anymore, I’d probably pick it up and hang it in the shed till one of my girls gets older. If anyone here is interested, I’d be glad to send info!

IMG_2457.png

I see the New World above (D11080) is a 1940 with Lobdell rims, while my 1941 (G59492) has the Schwinn Superior rims, so were the Superiors introduced for that year? And it looks like "Lobdell" is just printed on the rims, so the fact that it's still readable is a small miracle. I hadn't noticed this one, thanks for posting the pictures!

• Love
Reactions: Miq
I see the New World above (D11080) is a 1940 with Lobdell rims, while my 1941 (G59492) has the Schwinn Superior rims, so were the Superiors introduced for that year? And it looks like "Lobdell" is just printed on the rims, so the fact that it's still readable is a small miracle. I hadn't noticed this one, thanks for posting the pictures!
That one above is a 42 with the letter I stamped over a lightly stamped 0. That’s what I’m seeing. There was some of these that have shown up with a botched up letter or they tried to make it look like a D. This one has the I much more pronounced where the zero underneath the I is very light.

Last edited:
Back