When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Serial numbers.

Thanks @rollfaster ! I love how nice the paint is in the areas that got wiped off. Those are in great shape. Nice pair of 1940 New Worlds.

1573050157973.png

Last edited:
One thing I had never noticed before is that the back half of the clamps that hold the chain guard on are not painted. I looked at my bike and pics of other New Worlds, and it's the same. The contrast is so obvious in the pics of the great paint on Brent’s bikes, but is less obvious with the missing paint and corrosion on my bike. There's always more to learn and notice. :)

Last edited:
@DaveZ is helping a friend get a 1941 New World rolling again. He was nice enough to provide his friend's bike's serial and some info for our chart.

1941, H63906, NOT, Wire Front & Back, NO BO parts, Rear Dropouts

Originally had a SA 3sp, quadrant shifter, Front & Rear calipers. I have the 1941 SA 3sp, the quadrant shifter and front brakes. Blue with gold pinstriping; but the PS is gone. Missing one rear fender brace and rear caliper. They probably took the rear caliper off when they pout the ND hub on it. Rims didn't have tires on them so any writing inside is gone. I do have wartime tires so I can see if they are the same size.

1574118698078.png

Looking forward to seeing what this bike looks like. It's the first 3 sp from 1941 we've seen. I wonder if it looks something like @Arfsaidthebee 's Blue 1941 coaster. This is Arf's:
1574119292033.png

1574119322995.png

@Jim sciano Holy $h!t that's sweet! :hearteyes: The paint and pins and decals look amazing after all of your work. That's a very well preserved bike. The chrome is even nice.

@GenuineRides It must be 1940 F serial day today! We have a step thru and a men's in one day.

That's a very unique New World. The badging and the features don't look like anything else we've seen. 3 piece crank, AS&Co Chainring, front and rear caliper brakes, a war tire left, and pat pend high flange rear hub. Really interesting and adds to the 1940 New World mix-master, "build them however you want", story.

I'll add them to the chart tonight. Thanks guys!

Back