When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are some pics of my wartime Schwinn New World I just bought, has bicycle license from 1944 still on it. Black out sprocket, hubs, headset, Seat post, mud guard braces,Torrington 8 pedals. Has the Lobdel victory saddle. I'm very happy to own this piece of history!

Great victory bike @Casual dreamer !! Thank you for the pic of the serial. Amazingly enough your bike lands just before JPKelley's bike in the previous post. I love how many of these wartime bikes have been uncovered this year!

1596766155703.png

1596766213967.png

Thanks Casual dreamer.

Last edited:
@Just Jeff Nice bike! That's the one from @whizzer1 I'm glad to finally see the serial number. It is going to clean up nicely. I really like the chain guard, OG saddle, cycle counter and large rear sprocket. Very happy that you are going to clean it up and make it ride-able. It's going to be a sweet bike. Please let me know if you can find a date on the crank. We have been going with 1942? for the early I serial bikes. When I pulled my H serial crank it just said 502 for the Schwinn part number. I hope your bike can shed more info on this. You are officially the earliest I serial (Wartime) bike on the list. Looking forward to seeing how this bike comes out!

1597637513906.png

1597637547066.png

@1motime, I don’t know the particulars on the extra holes on the sprocket, but it seems to be common on the prewar non skip tooth 4 hole sprockets.

@Miq, it is the one whizzer had for sale. I will report back what I find on the cranks when I get it apart. Will be this week for sure, just don’t know when exactly. I’ve been looking for one for a while now and couldn’t pass this one up. Looking forward to getting it ready to ride!

Back