When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

-
Here's one I came across on Facebook. New owner D. McDonald picked it up Saturday 4-10-21. Pic of the serial # K56142 pending.

"It was said it was used during the war at the Port of Tampa during the war as a customs inspector vehicle. It has #2 painted (very nicely) on the front fender peak, and "CUST. INSP." on the back of the same fender, though sadly scratched mostly off."

Rims were painted black at some point and had one war tire. Rear tire is a US Chain 42, front is a Goodyear, both in 26"1.375".

Hopefully he'll pop in here and add more once he goes thru his NW.

1618291664554.png

1618291703050.png

1618291740146.png

1618291898030.png

1618291965038.png

1618292006173.png

Last edited:
Looks like blackout hubs and the short rear mud guard with single wire brace, no kickstand etc. Def Wartime. Nice.

Here's one I came across on Facebook. New owner D. McDonald picked it up Saturday 4-10-21. Pic of the serial # K56142 pending.

"It was said it was used during the war at the Port of Tampa during the war as a customs inspector vehicle. It has #2 painted (very nicely) on the front fender peak, and "CUST. INSP." on the back of the same fender, though sadly scratched mostly off."

Rims were painted black at some point and had one war tire. Rear tire is a US Chain 42, front is a Goodyear, both in 26"1.375".

View attachment 1390459

View attachment 1390455

View attachment 1390456

View attachment 1390457

View attachment 1390458

View attachment 1390460

View attachment 1390461

View attachment 1390462
Beautiful Form and function. The speed lines coming off of No. 2 are perfect

Great Wartime bike @Doodsie ! I’ll add it to the list. Very cool paint and blackout parts. Please post more pics if you clean it up.

Picked up one of these guys last weekend. It was used at the Port of Tampa during the war by a customs inspector. View attachment 1391440View attachment 1391441View attachment 1391442

Welcome to the Cabe Dean! Hopefully Miq's thread on these NW's has helped in answering any other questions you may have had. Please post your findings here when you pull the crank and I'll have my fingers crossed hoping there is a casting date so that we can get an idea of when these K serial pieces were produced. Have fun!
Gary

Welcome to the Cabe Dean! Hopefully Miq's thread on these NW's has helped in answering any other questions you may have had. Please post your findings here when you pull the crank and I'll have my fingers crossed hoping there is a casting date so that we can get an idea of when these K serial pieces were produced. Have fun!
Gary
Thanks, and yes, there's lots of great info here. And thank you
for all the great info you provided on FB and for directing me here.
Gary

Last edited:
Back